Monday, March 5, 2012

Small Walling Stay of Execution 5.8 PG A3 March 5th 2012

Small Walling Stay of Execution 5.8 PG A3
March 5th 2012

Well, I recently bought a hammer and some pins, so I decided to head to the Quarry with Lea to practice some safe hard aid.  I got the idea from Wes Goulding when I saw his trip report - knowing that it truly wasn't A3 as it was protectable by bolts gave me the warm and fuzziez.  The aid was safe and not very tricky and but I was able to get in some pins!  One popped on Lea though - gotta work on placements.  We climbed Stay of Execution which is really probably A2 with bolts to protect the moves.  Although I got some sick hook moves on pitch 4!  It was pretty easy and safe with all the bolts, but without them, I would Sh#$t my pants.

Stay of Execution 5.8 PG A3?

Pitch 1


Cleaning Pitch 2



Pitch 4:  Some fun hooking action.  I had bolts right at my knees, but I was still a little spooked.  The one on the left was really just hooking on friction and the one on the right is only 50% contact.


Top Out

Overall it was a great experience.  We only brought a liter of water and no food, so it was good training for being dehydrated and hungry while climbing.  Gotta head out some more and get used to hooking and hammering!

No comments:

Post a Comment